We are committed to providing a fair and open admission system. Referrals can be made to the project from any source, including self-referral.
- To reside in the Andover area or surrounding villages.
- To meet the definition of a young carer based on an individual assessment of need.
- The caring responsibilities must have a negative impact on the child in at least one of the following;
Impaired Physical/mental health
Education, i.e. low attendance, exclusion
Impaired Emotional and Behavioural development
Family and social/peer relationships, i.e. bullying or family crisis
Children and young people may not be eligible if:
- The care tasks are age appropriate and do not exceed that of their peers
- The caring responsibilities do not have an adverse impact on the above points
- Their lives are adversely affected by living with a family member in poor health but do not undertake any caring role.
- There is no parental consent to the referral
At present we accept referrals made by professionals, such as doctors, educational psychologists, health visitors, CAMHS, schools, etc. However, if you are a Young Carer, a parent or a sibling of a Young Carer, please contact us and we will follow up, contacting all relevant agencies to help with the referral process.
Call us on 01264 333788
for more information
Download the referral forms:
NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON CONTACT US FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION
Young Carer census figures are just the tip of the iceberg, according to leading charities:
Census data published on 16 May 2013 reveals a staggering 166,363 children in England, are caring for their parents, siblings and family members.
Although this first official statistic to be published in ten years shows a 20% increase in the identified number of young carers, it is likely to be a huge under representation of the true picture, according to a partnership of leading charities.
- through Makewaves a host of tips and tools for professionals working with young carers
- signposting young carers to www.makewaves/ycif where they will find peer support and a forum for getting their voices heard at a national and local level.