Potential young carers can also be referred by other organisations, as part of a whole family support package.
We currently accept referrals made by professionals, such as doctors, educational psychologists, health visitors, CAMHS, schools, etc. However if you are a Young Carer, a parent or sibling of a Young Carer, please contact us and we will follow up, contacting all relevant agencies to help with the referral process.
- To reside in the Andover area or surrounding villages
- To meet the definition of a young carers based on an individual assessment of need
- The caring responsibilities must have a negative impact on the child in at least one of the following:
- Impaired physical/mental health
- Education, i.e. low attendance, exclusion
- Impaired emotional and behavioural development
- Family and social/peer relationships, i.e. bullying or family crisis
Children and young people may not be eligible if:
- The care tasks are age appropriate and do not exceed that of their peers
- The caring responsibilities do not have an adverse impact on the above points
- Their lives are adversely affected by living with a family member in poor health but do not undertake any caring role
- There is no parental consent to the referral
Call us on 01264 333788 for more information